Our collar Buckles are made of Aluminum and coated with either Satin Silver, High Polished Nickle Plated Silver, Brass Plated or Powder Coated Black. These collars are adjustable by 1 inch.. Example: our 18″ can be adjusted up or down by 1/2 inch (17.5, 18, or 18.5). Measure your dogs neck and add one inch and/or provide the length you want the collar based on a current collar you have that you like the fit. The collar does allow for 1/2″ bigger and 1/2″ smaller. To adjust the collars length, remove the silver screws and align with one of the other holes to increase or decrease the size. If this adjustment is needed, you may only need one screw vs the 2 that came with the collar.
MEASURING YOUR DOG’S NECK:
- We size our collars by NECK SIZE, not overall collar length.
- Properly measuring for your dog is important, we work from YOUR measurements!
- Use a cloth measuring tape. DO NOT USE A METAL HOUSEHOLD MEASURING TAPE!
- Alternatively, you can use a string, or your phone charging cord, then measure the string/cord flat with a traditional tape measure, ruler, or yard stick.
- Do NOT measure extra skin, try to get the tape measure up under the flaps, but do not pull too tightly, especially if you like a loser fit. DO NOT add length for “good measure”
- Measure your dog’s neck in the center of the neck, not too close to the head (collar will be too small) or too close to the shoulders (collar will be too big).